Achieving the high throughput and extraordinary precision necessary for medical technology and laboratory automation is challenging. The groundbreaking technological partnership between HEIDENHAIN, ETEL and IMT is delivering just that, speeding up life science solutions and helping make it more accurate and cost effective than ever.
The microfluidics product line includes customized micro- and nano-patterns and structures in glass, integrated electrodes, waveguides and structured functionalization, for life science applications. IMT provides flexible offerings from design consultancy, prototyping to scalable manufacturing.
- Nanopatterning enabling high-throughput multiplex assays and next-generation sequencing
- Structured waveguides enabling increase signal-to-noise ratio
- Complex glass structuring enabling multiple-emulsion droplet generation
- Electrode integration (various materials, feature sizes down to 2 µm) enabling e.g. pathogen detection
The video shows an aqueous dye solution flowing through a glass microfluidic channel (courtesy of the HEIDENHAIN Group) with Surfix’s patterned hydrophobic nanocoating. The liquid is confined to the non-coated hydrophilic areas and spontaneously follows the flow path defined by the nanocoating.
The fast and simple nanocoating process offers a scalable route towards manufacturing advanced glass microfluidic devices. Application examples include the generation of double emulsions in a single chip, fabrication of phase guides, and stop-and-go structures.
Surfix and the HEIDENHAIN Group demonstrate guided liquid flow in a glass microfluidic channel by a patterned hydrophobic nanocoating.
HEIDENHAIN and ETEL partner for a powerful combination of high accuracy control systems enabling improved speed, scanning and overall system throughput while avoiding standstill and slow travel.
- High accuracy for precision measuring steps
- Interface variety for easy implementation and low disruption
- Scalable solutions, ranging from motor and electronic components to complete motion systems
- Linear motors with high acceleration, patented cogging-free motion and exceptional thermal efficiency
Built precisely for accomplishing the short seek-and-settle time, stability and crisp images required for the rapid analysis of biomarkers.
- Excellent surface properties, low-coefficient thermal expansion (CTE) and low auto-fluorescence
- Linear encoders capable of exact focus and field-of-view overlap avoidance
- Rapid, yet stable, movement from image to image
- Reduced focus and image capture time for increased overall throughput
Enabling technologies: solutions for medical technology and lab automationDownload Now
Solutions for medical technologyDownload Now
ETEL product overviewDownload Now
HEIDENHAIN exposed linear encodersDownload Now
IMT glass microfluidics for life science and diagnosticsDownload Now
Functionalized microfluidic devices without impact on DNA integrityRequest Now
Biocompatible and room-temperature bonding solution for microfluidic devicesRequest Now